Friday 30 March 2012

90. Fix-it Friday // Welcome


I haven't done one of these for a while - recently I've been leaving a lot of my photos exactly as they are. However, this one was a total transformation and the product of a lot of Photoshop meddling, so I thought I'd share my editing process.

Firstly, here's the original shot - a pretty boring capture of the sign outside our village church. 


I opened it up in Adobe Camera RAW and had a little tweak with the levels, reducing the exposure slightly and bringing up the contrast. 

Once I was happy with that, I opened it in Elements and gave it a quick level and crop. 
I then used some Pioneer Woman Actions (these are a great set, free to download and pretty much all I bother using) - I tried Heartland, which completely desaturates to give an aged, sketch-like quality to the shot. I toned it down to about 70% opacity and then added the Seventies action on top, again toned down to about 70% opacity. Finally, I merged the layers and added a black and white tint, at about 50% opacity. 

It's definitely an improvement on the original shot - let me know what you think.

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment